Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a day

It all started at 7:30 this morning with a knock on the door. It's the babysitter sitter I hired for tomorrow. Her mom told her the wrong day. I know I told them both Friday the 7th a dozen times. She felt so bad. She wasn't available Friday. A call to my boss, how critical is it that I attend the "MANDATORY" and "REQUIRED" meeting and training tomorrow? She said she could fill me in on the morning, but it would really be good if I could be there in the afternoon.

Call to Red's house. School is off tomorrow (and today) can Violet hang out there in the afternoon? Grandpa says sure send her over. (The grandparents live with them.) Red's mom was working and I really wanted to confirm with her that 5 hours in the afternoon with me 30 miles away was really okay. Sometimes she has plans that the Grandpa doesn't know about. And I wanted to make sure Grandpa knew what he'd agreed to while he still had time to get out of it.

It was fine, both grandparents and Red's dad would be home, plus Red, Little Red and Big Brother. Violet has a place to go. Meanwhile Babysitter and her mom had called back trying to figure out how they could rearrange their day to swap back and forth the watching of Violet. We're sticking with the playdate at Red's plan.

Sometimes I really hate working.

Violet was so bummed about not having the babysitter all day, she loves her. We went out to run some errands. In the grocery store parking lot, I'm not quite sure how, Violet slammed into the side mirror on the car. Big bruise on her forehead. And jammed her thumb. We had to go in the ladies room for an inspection and regrouping prior to shopping. I bought some Tylenol to give her before we got home. And bought her some bubble gum because I felt so bad about her bad day. She bit her tongue on the bubble gum. Sigh.

Mr. Incredible's train was late. He missed most of Batman with Violet. They watch the reruns at night together. She didn't want to watch without him. I messed up trying to set his VCR for him. Who knows what I recorded. That man has way too many remotes and I swear none of the buttons on any of them did a damned thing.

So if we can just get through tomorrow we are off on our vacation. I'm hoping all the troubles have happened today so that we can have a smooth vacation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation. I hope Violet's bruise disappears fast.
Think positive.
Bunny

Ami said...

Hope you have a wonderful and safe vacation.

Thanks for the positive thoughts.

dariasmama said...

Sounds like Violet may be growing :)

Have fun on vacation.

MOM #1 said...

Have a great vacation!

Garden State Kate said...

Enjoy your vacation!!
I hope Violet's head and thumb feel better!