Saturday, November 22, 2008

Feeling bogged down

I feel overwhelmed tonight. I know I'm just still adjusting to being back from 10 days away, and trying to catch up. But I am having one of my "I must be crazy, I can't do all this" sort of days.

There's more work to be done for my paying job. I scared of our new CEO. I'm sure she hates me and everything I stand for. She has small kids, yet she chooses to work full time at a high powered career. I choose to let my career barely tread water while I stay home and homeschool my kid. The partners at work love me. They are still in charge. But she has a lot of power and influence. If I lose this job I really can't get another one without re-entering the job market full time which I'm not ready to do. By the time I am ready, if I've been completely out of the industry for that long I'll never get a job. I have to stay afloat.

We haven't done any homeschooling in over two weeks. We have to get back into the swing of things. But everyday we plan to there are interruptions.

Thanksgiving is next week. I've invited my parents but I'm not sure if they are coming. If dad isn't up to a car ride they may not. How do I transport a cooked turkey to their house? I'd like to postpone Thanksgiving a week. Do you think anyone would mind?

I can't even think about Christmas. Mr. Incredible likes to buy lots of gifts for everyone. I don't want to spend a dime right now. This probably won't be pretty.

I have to decide by Monday if I am going to my office holiday party. I don't want to go. I don't feel the least bit festive. I don't know who would watch Violet. I don't want Mr. Incredible to take the day off so I can go to a party. Or ruffle his company's feathers by asking to work from home. He holds our health insurance. I don't currently qualify to get it through my job. There's a full day training session the same week. I'd really like to go to that. I can't do both. Do I ask him to work from home so I can do the training? Then use that as the excuse for blowing off the holiday party? I don't know.

My mammogram is Monday. Squish. Blech.

The pet sitter/babysitter is graduating this year and going away to college next year. I'll have to find someone new. I can't believe she's all grown up.

I swapped out my summer clothes for my winter clothes in my closet. It was really depressing. I could really use something new. I have nothing nice that fits. I've had the same collection of t-shirts and sweatshirts for years. If the Republican party offered to buy me a whole new wardrobe right now, I wouldn't ask many questions. Let them rip me up in the media after the fact. A new suit that fits would be heaven. It is probably the only issue Sarah Palin and I will ever see eye to eye on.

For once, there's nothing Girl Scouty stressing me out. I delivered the food pantry donations last night. Violet's candy and nut orders can be picked up tomorrow, but I've been to the place where I'm getting them tons of times. There aren't any meetings coming up. The next homeschool Juliette day is pretty much planned. There are bags of towels and blankets sitting in my front room, but I'm waiting for the greyhound volunteers to let me know when to bring them. It is pretty much smooth sailing right now. That's sad when my volunteer activities are bringing me the least amount of stress (you have to know my Girl Scout history to really get that).

Obviously I should get away from my computer tonight. I'm getting too worked up. Time to pour a glass of wine and pull out a Sudoku book. I will put off deciding anything for tonight and maybe things will just make more sense tomorrow. If not, I have another bottle of wine in the house. Feel free to pour yourself a glass as well. It is better not to drink alone. (As long as we have a designated driver to get us safely through cyberspace!)

4 comments:

Mel said...

To have a Juliette, do you need to be a certified leader yourself?

SabrinaT said...

I am having a glass while I read the last book in the Twilight series. I hope things work out with the new CEO!

MOM #1 said...

Well, I'll have a glass as well . . . we're cool like that.

I'm glad you're home safely and had a good time on your trip.

Sounds like you're stressing out over everything right now . . . perhaps you should have a second glass and then it will all become *clear* to you.

Anonymous said...

Would a hug help? HUG