Monday, November 3, 2008

It's official: I have a new doctor

I saw the new gynecologist today. I liked him. I liked his staff. I like the convenience of his office. I like the hospital they are associated with. I like that I can get my mammogram in the same office. I expect the company he works for to go out of business by year end.

Seriously, the exam went fine. I got the prescription I wanted (Seasonique is the best stuff ever!). I got my mammogram scheduled. Turns out he lives locally too. We had beautiful, unseasonal weather today and he mentioned he walked home for lunch. No one lives where they work around here. Everyone drives 45 minutes minimum. I like that he lives in town and therefore is a lot less likely to move to an office location further away. If anything he's likely to have more office hours here and fewer in neighboring towns (this office building was just completed about 2 months ago, so it shouldn't be closing anytime soon).

Enough about that. You've probably heard more than you wanted to hear already.

We had the strangest thing happen this afternoon. The doorbell rang. I answered it. And there were about 6 teenage boys standing on the porch. One said, "trick or treat." I just stared at him and he said it again. I said he was too late. He stood there and stared at me. Mr. Incredible was home and wandered in and stood there and they left. We left the front door open to watch for flying eggs, but there were none. I've seen the boys around, one lives next door and they play over there a lot. But it was really weird, wasn't it?

Mom #1, can you ask Baby Boy if that makes the least bit of sense to him? He's about the same age as they are. Is it funny in teen boy world? It is just weird in Freak Mom world. If anyone's teen son can explain it to me I'd love to hear it. Mr. Incredible and I keep trying to come up with an explanation and we're stumped. If it was a dare, why would they all come up? If it was mistaken identity and they were expected a friend or a teenage girl, why not say "sorry, wrong house"? Odd.

Here are some other photos I took off the camera yesterday, for you to enjoy.

Here is Violet with all the blankets, towels and pillows she collected for the greyhound rescue group. We still have to set up a time to deliver them. They are in my front room right now.



This is Violet and Red at the cemetery walk we went on a few weeks ago. You can see Red really does have wonderful red hair! That's her mom in front of them. The lady way in front was the docent that led us through the program.



Finally, the geometric dome Violet made with toothpicks and gumdrops:



Don't forget to vote tomorrow if you haven't already!

5 comments:

Fatcat said...

Maybe they just wanted candy? My 16 year old still goes with us, but we only go to family homes. Who knows?

Fatcat said...

P.s. Violet has got a really cute smile.

Anonymous said...

LOVE me some Violet!

(Those pillows make me want to take a nap. Just a suggestion.)

MOM #1 said...

That's a LOT of blankets!

I asked Baby Boy, but as you'll find out in a few years . . . I just got "the look." Like I must be crazy for asking him such a question.

I guess I must be. But I have to admit . . . I kind of thought it was funny. ;-)

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'm glad the new doc worked out.
If it hadn't been for my gyn listening to me, I wouldn't have gotten to the bottom of my issues.