Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Stressful day

Violet and I both had stressful days today, but they ended on good notes.  And tomorrow should be better.

I had a call with my boss and the head of HR.  Cleared up the policy change that looked to be a major cut in my benefits.  They way they plan to apply it to me won't change anything.  Just how my timesheet is completed.  Would have been nice to know that 2 weeks before I sat around angry about my cut.  While they were on vacation.

Violet got her braces tightened.  And found out she'll be getting them off in 12 weeks!  One more appointment for a final adjustment, then impressions for her retainer, then they come off!  I couldn't make the final appointments today because they didn't have April in the system yet.  But I can call back in a couple of weeks and get those last 2 appointments booked and we'll know the No More Braces day!  Should be the first week in April.  She's just glad it is before Easter.  The Bunny better bring lots of jelly beans, she really missed those last year!

Violet had her first art class of this session tonight.  I'd been hoping maybe the art studio would close since all the schools were closed again due to the weather.  But it was open.  One girl she really likes was back in the class.  And she liked the new kids who joined.  The roads weren't too bad, just snow covered, so I didn't have problems getting her there.  (I slid while trying to stop twice going to the orthodontist this morning.  And it isn't like I'm a fast driver.  I've been called "pokey" more than once.  Roads were just really slick from the bitter cold and being snow covered.)  Where the studio is located, I don't like going at night.  The streets aren't well lit.  It is residential so it isn't scary or anything, just not easy driving.  And there's hardly any parking.  I prefer going there in the daytime.  But since we've passed the solstice, it will only get lighter each week.

Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be above zero all day!  And no snow or freezing rain!  Amazing how good 10 can look!  We don't have to go anywhere.  I have 2 short calls scheduled for work, but both will be good.  Just planning calls for tasks I like to do.  No one difficult on either call. 

Yes, tomorrow should be a much less stressful day.

No comments: