Sunday, January 5, 2014

Oh Burr

Good news:  my bronchitis finally seems to be better today.  I'm coughing a little, but haven't taken any cough syrup.  We'll see at 8:00 tonight.  That's when it usually kicks in.  I'd like to work out, but a voice keeps telling me to wait another day or two.  Really, it isn't going to kill me to take more time and wait until I'm healthy again.  I am so glad I spent the money on a treadmill and not a gym membership.  I would have completely lost out on the gym this past month.  And Violet's still been able to work out, I wouldn't have driven her to a gym most days.

The temperature is down to 6 so far.  It is supposed to hit minus 13.  Then add on wind chill.  We're expecting it to be between 40 and 50 below with wind chill.  It is cold in the house, the wind is already blowing and you can feel it come through.  I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a less well built house, or worse no house.  We've probably gotten 6-7 inches of snow in the last day.  It has hard to tell.  Partly because we already had snow on the ground, and because it was blowing around. 

We have the world's most wonderful neighbor.  He has a snow blower and he loves to play with it!  I know he did at least 5 neighbor's driveways today.  Those are just the ones I saw.  He was out working on ours by 8:00 this morning. 

Most schools have announced that they will be closed tomorrow.  And the library.  Violet and I voted and since we don't have to go out, school will start up tomorrow as planned.  Mr. Incredible is going to work from home.  My office sent out a message that we should work with our department heads to work from home or out of the downtown office or the regular office, as is most convenient.  Since I work from home anyway, no changes there.

Did you see that Minnesota closed all schools tomorrow?  Go Minnesota.  What a smart move.  It is just too cold to send the kiddos out.  And you know that some would have no choice but to stand and wait for the bus or walk to school. 

So business as usual here tomorrow, except we're not venturing outside unless we absolutely have to.  May your blankets be warm and your slippers not have holes in them.




1 comment:

Ami said...

Oh gosh, sending warm thoughts. And yes, stay in, you're just getting over the bug!!!