Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow

No, we're not getting more of it (at least not right now).  It is the mounds of it I'm complaining about.  The temperature got up to zero this afternoon, and the roads weren't snow or ice covered, so I decided to run some needed errands (because who knows when this opportunity will present itself again).  I had more trouble seeing around of 10 foot plus high mounds of snow in parking lots.  One entrance I tried to pull into (to get to a Walgreens) was completely inaccessible due to the snow.  I had already passed the other entry, not anticipating the second one wouldn't be plowed.  Grr.  Luckily there's a Walgreens approximately every 50 feet, so I went to a different one.  (I think there's a whole blog post just in the number of Walgreens within a couple of miles of my house.)

Have I mentioned I'm ready for spring?

How about that I'm sick of Girl Scouts. Have I mentioned that?  I'm finishing up my last volunteer job (because if I back out at this point I'd only hurt my fellow volunteers and the girls, the two groups I'd never want to leave high and dry).  Finally we got the date for the cookie pickup:  February 12th.  Is it just me, or is barely 2 weeks notice to drop everything and get cookies loaded into your car a bit short notice?  Previously we had a 5 day period we were supposed to just "hold" for pickup.  What kind of craziness is that?  It is perfectly fine if you are one of the "spoiled self absorbed yuppie pukes" (as Mental so accurately put it) and it is your job.  But for the rest of us, it is unacceptable.  I can't hold 5 days like this.  They got a little bent out of shape when I asked if they could narrow it down for me.  Guess that wasn't self absorbed enough for them!  (Mental you are a wordsmith!  I love you!)

Mark your calendars, it will snow and ice on February 12th.

Never...even...eating...another...Girl Scout cookie...ever...again.

Speaking of which, I got a FitBit!  (Trail of thought: no cookies, fewer calories, weight loss, fitness, FitBit).  I am just figuring out how to use it.  If you have one and would like to be FitBit buddies with me, let me know!  I need all the support (and eyes watching my steps) I can get!

p.s. Okay, it wasn't that I didn't anticipate that the second entrance into Walgreens wouldn't be plowed, it was actually that I forgot I needed to stop there until I was already past the first entrance.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Gail said...

My younger daughter decided she wanted to be Juliette this year and not sell cookies. I can't tell you how wonderful this is. No meetings! No cookies!