Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Craft plans

Today I got the front room, where the Girl Scouts meet, cleared out and vacuumed.  Which allowed me to get out the bin of craft and other supplies I use with them.  Which allowed me to get the samples of Friday's craft projects out and photographed.  Which allows me to now post them.

The first is a trip album made from a road map.  I got the basic idea from Family Fun magazine.  I added the cover to it.  And I adjusted their pattern a bit so that the flaps open without unclasping the whole book.  Basically you use a road map of a place you've been to make little pockets for souvenirs (like ticket stubs) to create a trip album.  I've asked the girls to bring a road map.  I have extras for anyone who forgets.  I would have just gotten them for everyone (thank you AAA), but I thought it would be more meaningful if they could choose the state that they've been to.



The second craft is utilizing a bunch of craft foam that one of the girls gave me. She and her mom cleaned out their craft supplies and offered it all up for us to use.  In my sample I made mine smaller than what I'm going to have them do.  And I have some initial patterns (not initial as in starting, but initial as in first letter of their name), that if they choose they can use in it.  We've got a lot of little craft foam shapes (some sticky, some not) that they can bling their initials with.  Some of the girls really like to bling.  My sample was just playing around with it.  My initial isn't really X.  The dots were testing out how Sharpie marker worked on the foam (very well).


I thought I'd show them how to do both, have all the supplies out, and let them decide which they want to work on. 

No comments: