Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back in the swing of things

Guess we're getting used to being back in school and activities and everything else.  Using Khan Academy for algebra is working really well.  We started as an experiment for the chapter Violet struggled with.  But I think we'll finish up the subject with Khan.  Although sometimes the problem sets can be a bit much.  It doesn't think you've practiced enough until you get 5 right in a row.  So if you get 4 right, then miss one, you have to start all over on your count.  Annoying.  My worries that she wouldn't get enough practice are definitely gone.

Abigail Adams Academy classes are starting up again.  I've done the reading for Classic Moms (Great Expectations) but I'm behind in the Abigail Adams Colloquium.  I've also signed up for the TJEd Mentoring the Classic series that is just starting.  I know I'm trying to do too many online study programs, but gosh I really enjoy them.  I'll see if I can keep up for a little longer, then next year step back and do less.

Girl Scouts starts back up Friday.  We have two craft projects planned.  Well, I should say, I have them planned.  I am pretty sure this will be my last year of doing these meetings.  It is a lot of work.  Plus I have to clean my house (okay, I should be doing that anyway, but I don't) and put things away so we have space (ditto).  There are 7 more meeting days scheduled including Friday.  I'm thinking if I'm counting them down like that, maybe I really should stop.  

In other news, there really isn't other news.  I guess that is good.  It is no longer bitter cold.  Although it did snow this morning.  And it looks on the radar like we might be getting more.  Spring can't get here fast enough.


1 comment:

Ami said...

I ordered girl scout cookies today from one of my kids... anyone who's in my program and selling cookies... I order a box. or two..

What crafty stuff are you doing? I love new ideas. :)