Friday, April 22, 2011

Saturday Roundup

Again, doing my roundup on Friday night. I'm going in to the office early tomorrow morning. I really don't want to have to work on Sunday. But the work has to get done before deadlines and if I don't want to take as much time during the week, that means the weekend.

This reminds me of a story. Years ago, an attorney I know through work told me about how he'd been working every weekend for months. One Saturday, he went into his boss' office and said, "I really don't want to work tomorrow." The boss said, "Neither do I....See you tomorrow." Said attorney now works at a different firm where he's the head of the practice group. Maybe next time I see him I should ask him if he now makes the young attorneys work all weekend. I bet he does. People are such workaholics.

Anyway, back to my roundup. I did exercise 5 times this week. I had one other day I could have, but I was just so tired I gave myself the day off. This morning I skipped my Wii Fit hula hooping. My back has been doing some little twinges and I didn't want to aggravate it. If I've learned one thing over the years from Mom #1, it is to be careful with Wii Fit hula hooping. It can mess with your back like nobody's business. I've actually learned many things from her, including that flip flops are perfectly acceptable footwear at formal occasions as long as they have sequins on them and the day always looks better with a pitcher of margaritas nearby.

Next week may be busier in the mornings and I don't think I'll do as well with the exercising. But busy with good things. We're taking the Girl Scouts to a vet's office for a tour. And the Cadettes are meeting one day to finish planning their carnival day they are throwing for the Brownies. Should be a fun week!

Happy Easter if you celebrate it! Hope your Passover was nice, if you celebrate that. Happy Earth Day today! And enjoy the weekend if none of the above apply to you (or even if they do, have a good weekend as well).

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

I agree with the flipflops and sequins thing. That's so true.

I have to work every Saturday. :-P

Mother Mayhem said...

Sorry about the Aunt and your back twinges. Hooray for Violet and her Latin awakening. Boo for canceled class and too much rain. Yeehaw for salamanders! And I don't have a clue about tools and carving soap. I miss you! Sniffle.