Monday, April 4, 2011

Look at me, I got an award!



Mental gave me an award! Wasn't that stylish of her? I thought so. I'm not quite sure what a stylish blog is, but I'm sure this must be one, since it is a stylish blog award.

So, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things you don't know about me. That could be hard. I'm a pretty open book.

1. I do not like mustard or olives. Both are vile. I pick olives off my food and have perfected a means to scrape mustard off hot dogs when needed. Yes, I live not far outside Chicago and DO NOT eat mustard on my hot dogs. I've gotten some nasty looks from hot dog chefs over the years.

2. I only recently started liking dogs at all. I hated them for a over 35 years. One jumped on me "playing" when I was very young and scared the bujeebees out of me. Now I kind of want one. They are kinda cuddly and they love you no matter what. Except there's that whole having to walk them thing. And the smelly, drooly part. And why on earth must they sniff my nether regions? Okay, maybe I don't want a dog.

3. I also don't want pet birds again. Violet and Mr. I. do. They are loud and messy (pet birds that is, not Violet and Mr. I. Well, they are messy, but they aren't loud). I hate vacuuming up seed. Been there, done that. Have multiple cages in the basement to show for it.

4. Fall is my favorite season. I like it when the leaves change and the air turns cooler and you can wear your favorite sweaters again.

5. I wish I had been homeschooled, I could have actually learned something as a kid. Well, most of you are homeschool moms, I suppose that wasn't any big secret. I think most of us feel that way.

6. I eat a bowl of oatmeal almost every morning. I like it with a little brown sugar and some raisins. I've tried it with dried cranberries. It is okay, but I'm just not a huge fan.

7. I make lists. Maybe obsessively. Some days I can't do anything fun until I have all my things crossed off my to do list. Right now I have 3 to do lists, 6 book lists, and 2 shopping lists. I may need an intervention.

So, there are some new little tidbits about the woman behind the mask. Hope you have enjoyed and that my list was stylish.

Now I'm supposed to pass this along to 7 other bloggers. This is always the hard part. These awards travel fast. And I hate to leave anyone out. But here are 7 of my favorite bloggers in no particular order.


The Old Grey Mare


Mother Mayhem

Home*School*Home


Two Moms' Homeschool

Night Owl Mom

Tales of Homeschool

Homeschooling and Life in Sunny Florida


Thanks again, Mental, for my award. Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Fatcat said...

My stylish comments:

First: You deserve it. I love reading your blog.

Second: There are hot dog chefs?

Third: Be picky in what kind of dog you get. Go to the pound and get to know one. Pick one that is already house trained and does not drool and is too short to smell your nether regions. Then bring it home and bathe it frequently so it won't be smelly. (Freckles always smells like corn chips for some reason) I only recently (in the last maybe 7 or 8 years) started to love dogs. My dad hated them so I was suspicious of them.

I don't want any kind of pet that requires excessive cleaning up. My daughter has been begging for a rabbit lately but I once had a job where I had to clean out a bunny cage. Never again.

I so wish I had been homeschooled too! Think how much reading I could've gotten done!

I also need to go to lists anonymous.

:-)

Mel said...

Just carefully research dog breeds. My husband isn't (wasn't?) a pet person and was very picky about the whole thing back when he finally agreed to let me and B get a puppy. So we got a small breed (ie. easy to pick up the poo, easy to walk or not...travel with us in car, etc) that does not shed and she has no doggy odor either unless she gets into something stinky outside. She is the easiest dog I've had. Well, I've only had 2 before her but she is a breeze compared to either of those dogs. She really makes my day though, that is for sure. It's hard to feel totally down when a dog is loving on you. I was also a bird person back in the day...had an entire "bird room", now I have none and don't miss the mess! I sometimes think a small one would be ok...but then, nah. It would drive my dog crazy most likely since she's a terrier.

Mother Mayhem said...

I'm not surprised. I've always know you were stylish! ;o)

I didn't know about the mustard thing though. LOVE learning new things about my friends!

I eat my hotdogs with mustard, ketchup, and chili. I would eat onions too, but they don't like me.

Thank you for the award... Now to think of 7 things that no one knows... *Scratching head*

Ami said...

I don't like mustard either. Except for the kind I buy for bbq sauce... we call it babysh*t mustard, but the actual brand is 'Plochman's' which also sounds sort of gross.

Thanks for playing!!