Sunday, November 1, 2009

Still sick

Violet was up during the night last night, coughing. We found Mr. I's cough syrup from a few weeks ago and gave her some and more Tylenol. Her fever was up again. She woke me up about an hour later saying she woke up but couldn't get back to sleep. I sent her back to her room to read in bed (it was early). After dozing a bit I felt guilty and went to see if I could make her a cup of her favorite tea and found her fast asleep. I guess it was good I sent her back to bed.

She's definitely got a cold. But the fever worries me. We got her some cold medicine that better fit her symptoms. It put her to sleep on the couch this afternoon. She still says she doesn't feel that bad. Not achy, not overly tired (except when the sinus stuff kicks in). Just stuffy with a runny nose and a sore throat. And that darned fever.

I'm calling the doctor's office in the morning. In the past his nurse has been very good about going through her symptoms with me over the phone and saying "yes, bring her in" or "no, don't expose her to our waiting room, do this for now." Hopefully she'll do that tomorrow.

I've rescheduled the Girl Scout Journey day. I'll call the swim club in the morning to tell them she won't be there tomorrow night. And I've e-mailed my boss to reschedule our 8 am phone meeting until later and filled her in on why I may not be too available during the day.

In other news, tomorrow is Mr. I's first day with no job. Does it count as no job if he's still getting paid for 2 months? I'm not sure if they are going to stick with the regular paydays or just pay them the rest and get it over with. I heard the accountant wanted to do that to finish up his payroll reports. This whole unemployment thing is new to both of us.

I guess you could say we've had better days around here. But it could be a whole lot worse! I'm glad it isn't.

2 comments:

Ami said...

Hope she's feeling a lot better soon. Fevers, even though they're actually helpful, really suck.

Wendy said...

Things sound icky right now. I hope Violet is feeling better soon, and that everything works out for Mr. I, employment-wise.