Sunday, November 22, 2009

The sock from beyond

Today I did a load of laundry. Not eventful, I'm sure many of you washed clothes today too. But I found the strangest thing in the washer when I moved the clothes to the dryer: a very old sock of Violet's. I didn't recognize it, but Violet did. Apparently its mate had been waiting for it on top of her dresser for more than a year. Our best guess is that the missing sock went to The Place Where Socks Go When They Get Lost in the Wash, and came back again. It came back very dingy gray, not bright white like its partner. I wish it could tell us about its travels.

Mystical experiences aside, it has been a very routine few days. The birthday party was a success. We barely talked about Juliette Low, but did do a big Thanksgiving service project. I think that would have been fine with her. The girls also played Thanksgiving themed bingo. As a group, we love bingo.

Work has been so busy. At least I'm keeping up my hours. I've talked to Violet and Mr. I and asked for more help around the house. I'm finding if I just leave things, eventually they get taken care. I just have to have a higher tolerance for dirty dishes in the sink.

Tomorrow morning I have a bunch of phone calls to try to make for work. I expect to leave a bunch of messages for people who won't call me back. In the evening is swim class. We'll try to get some school work done in between. We aren't doing a new list for this week, instead we will try to finish up last week's list. We never actually finish a list. I guess instead of calling them school lists I should call them school guidelines.

The weather is holding out here, and it hasn't become winter quite yet. It is predicted to hit the first week in December. I could skip it.

I've been asked by my service unit manager (the Girl Scout volunteer in our area who is in charge of all of us other volunteers) to write up my negative experiences with registration and the realignment. Apparently other volunteers are also unhappy with the way we've been treated lately and she's going to give council some constructive criticism. I like her. She's got moxie and doesn't take crap from anyone.

The Next Iron Chef finale will be starting soon, and the Freak Family will be gathering around the TV to root on our favorite chefs. Go Chef Garces!

3 comments:

Ami said...

I think that sock was at my house for awhile. I laid it up on the dryer to try to figure out where it came from, and the next time I looked it was gone.

Glad to know you have it back.

;)

Mother Mayhem said...

That sock may have passed through her as well...

MOM #1 said...

I'm certain I was wearing that sock a few weeks ago, but now he has simply vanished. When you and Violet get done with it . . . please send it home. We miss it.

I'm glad you're getting help around the house. How nice.