Saturday, November 14, 2009

What happens to the time?

I feel like all I do is go, go, go. By dinner time I'm falling asleep. Then I stay up another 5 hours and next thing you know I'm waking up early and starting all over.

Got good results back on my mammogram. Thought you'd all want to know. Well, you know now whether you wanted to or not.

Spent a day in my company's main office. I always feel so out of place there. I don't have a desk or a cubicle. I don't have a drawer there. For the longest time I had one that I could keep stuff in. Now, I don't even have an inbox. So I sat at an empty desk when I wasn't in meetings. I was glad to find out my key card still works and I could get into the ladies' room without asking for a key.

I used to have a company mug with my name on it. I couldn't find it in the kitchen. Wonder what they did with it.

This week Violet and Butterfly will do a bunch of recycled material craft projects. And later in the week we are throwing the Juliette Low birthday party, rescheduled from when Violet was sick. Swim lessons move to their new permanent location. They've been renting pool space while they built their own building. I wouldn't mind squeezing in a make up lesson this week, she still has 3 make ups to do.

Going to the inlaws for Thanksgiving. I said we could bring an appetizer and a dessert. Mr. I immediately offered to make them with Violet. I don't know how to break it to him that I was really looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving dinner at home and now I don't even get to make our dishes to take with us. I'm bummed. I know he's only trying to help. But I wish he'd jump to clean the bathroom or vacuum instead. Maybe I'll get to cook again at Christmas.

Right now I feel like I've lost my old life and I don't like the one I've been given instead.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I hate when my old life goes on vacation leaving me with a new overly stimulated life that I'm not in good favor with.

What kind of appetizer are you doing to make? I'm trying to find one since we're apparently having a house full of guests for Thanksgiving this year.

I hate having house guests. It makes me agitated and anxious.

Apparently my life has taken a leave of absence too. If I see yours, I'll let you know.

Mother Mayhem said...

I hear ya! HUGS.

Good news about the big squish! Yay! My aunt who was in remission just found out that her breast cancer is back. :o(

We're going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. Only problem? Jack wants to bring Tar Baby and Itty Bitty back home with us. SIGH.