Sunday, November 8, 2009

I can't believe the weekend is over

What a waste. I feel like I didn't get anything done. There were technical difficulties at work so I couldn't do most of the stuff I needed to. I slept horribly and was a zombie during the day. I'm having one of those, "there's so much to do that I can't do any of it" times.

I did get a load of laundry done and the floor dust mopped. I put 4 new books on Violet's school reading list:

  1. James Herriott's Treasury for Children
  2. The Dog Who Wouldn't Be by Farley Mowat
  3. Cheaper by the Dozen
  4. The Story of Doctor Dolittle
Violet and Mr. Incredible chose to read Doctor Dolittle as their next read out loud book. That works for me.

I did manage to get Mr. I. to pick up another bag of cashews for me while he was out today.

Last night Violet threw up right before bed. Then she woke up during the night yarking again. We think it was a build up of mucus since she hadn't been coughing it out. Today we gave her the Musinex during the day to help thin out the mucus in the hopes that it will exit her body in a more pleasant manner. Judging by all the tissues she's been through, it is working.

The cats, the little hairball machines, were quite impressed with her last night.

Hope you weren't just eating your morning bagel while you read that. I apologize if you were. See, sleep deprivation has rendered my appropriate post-inappropriate post meter inoperable.

Tomorrow I go in for the BIG SQUISH. That's a mammogram for you youngsters who don't have to do it yet. So no caffeine for me. I do have a brand new box of white tea that doesn't have caffeine. I'm trying to convince myself that it will be a treat. I don't drink coffee anymore, but I do like my English Breakfast tea in the morning. Especially when I haven't slept well. Some days I just want to suck on the tea bag.

Here's hoping for a peaceful night for all of us.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

Oh, my! I hope Violet feels much better. Yakking is not fun, no matter what the reason.

I hope your big squish goes well. I hate them myself, but I guess they're a necessary evil.

I didn't get anything done on my weekend either, so don't feel bad.
It happens, apparently.