Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Announcing the next read aloud

Thank you to everyone who posted comments about their favorite read alouds. Many, many of them have been written down on my list of books to read. The only reason others weren't written down is because we'd already read them. I did leave the final decision up to Violet, since she's the audience and she has chosen Sisters Grimm. I haven't read them, but everything I see suggests they are funny, not scary or spooky. A little suspense is fine. Terrifying at bedtime isn't. If we get part way in and she decides it isn't a night time book, we'll read them in the afternoon instead. We won't be starting until next week, we're still finishing up The Old Meadow, the last book by the author of The Cricket in Times Square.

Violet continues to feel better, but now has a cough. The Musinex seems to really help it. Yippee!

4 comments:

Fatcat said...

That sounds like a good choice. I know my daughter's best friend who is a prolific reader loves them. We can't talk Delaney (my daughter) into reading much besides Warriors. To her, nothing else compares. I guess she gets that from me, the way I was when I was a kid. I think I read The Secret Garden about 10 times when I was a kid.

MOM #1 said...

I've never read that. I love children's books. I need to pick that one up . . . Mom #2 has 3 granddaughters, you know. I'm too young to have granddaughters . . . I just call them "the babies." ;-)

I'm glad Violet is feeling better. My niece had a nasty flu bug and the lingering cough was a bear hug. I hope her's doesn't last too long.

Happy reading!

Gerky said...

We are reading aloud. It is absolutely hysterical and the kids LOVE it!

Mother Mayhem said...

Glad Violet is feeling better! :o)