Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snowflakes?

We think we might have seen snowflakes flying through the air this morning. I did have a dream where it snowed. I'm not ready for winter.

Today is my birthday. It has been mostly business as usual. I took yesterday off and Violet and I spent the day with my parents. Dad and I went to Wal-Mart. We always have a good time going into town together. Mom made my favorite homemade macaroni and cheese to go with lunch.

Violet baked me a cake today. Mr. Incredible is going to make my favorite dinner soon: super nachos! I'm a girl of simple tastes. My parents gave me a new cutting board for my birthday yesterday. Haven't seen a present yet today, but Mr. I and Violet did go off to his office on a secret project around lunch time. I'll keep you posted.

I'm still really enjoying the quiet at work with one boss on vacation and the other a convention. So nice. I have to write an article on HIPAA. I did my research today and took notes. I think I can turn it into an article fairly easily. But I doubt I'll do it today. It is due Monday. There's time.

I might try to get Violet into a make up swim lesson tomorrow. You have to schedule them the day of the make up. I might not. I kind of like the idea of not going anywhere tomorrow. We have 4 make ups to do. I thought Violet might be getting ready to stop lessons. She was complaining a lot before we went on Monday. But she said that she never feels like going, but once she's there she really likes it and can't wait until the next lesson. Guess she's staying in them for now. It is her only activity with any expense really. Girl Scouts is cheap, and with no troop dues, even cheaper. We have 5 theater performances to attend, but that is really more a school expense than an extracurricular. She might as well keep them up as long as she's still enjoying them.

The weekend is supposed to be warmer and sunny. That will be nice. We've been so rainy and dreary lately. Hmm, maybe I should tackle that article today and get it over with and be able to enjoy the nice weather on the weekend.

9 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Freakmom!

It is cold, gray, and raining. Again.

I heard the s-word being thrown out there as a possibility for the weekend. Wah!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
Best wishes for many many more....

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

Happy Birthday! But, no, you did not see snowflakes today. I'm not too terribly far from you and I say that's just too early for the winter winds to bring such things.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Yes, it IS too early for winter. Ugh.

Hope the weekend goes as smoothly as your week has, and also that you are all set with a new dishwasher soon.

WritingGoddess said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it amazing as we get older, our "wants" get simpler? I love the simple gifts that show someone loves me. I love a day spent at home with my family or running around to a few of our favorite haunts. At 50 (ack!) there isn't much more that I want than to be with those I love the most. Hoping that kind of day for you.

MOM #1 said...

I'm sorry I didn't get by yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You're birthday was the 14th? That's my Mom's birthday too. I set my alarm clock to get up extra early so that I could be the first one to tell her Happy Birthday . . . but then I turned it off and called her when I got up, LOL. She appreciated it anyway . . . you know how forgiving Moms are.

YES! Definitely take a leisurely day off and have a great day.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Dana Leeds said...

Happy Birthday to you! And, warm and sunny sounds nice for us, too. We'll, I could do with cool and sunny. We've had a lot of rain her, but temps near 95! I'm ready for some cooler & dryer weather!

Mother Mayhem said...

~*~ HaPpY BiRtHdAy! ~*~

Belatedly, but heart felt all the same. :o)