Sunday, March 20, 2011

Storms

We had a couple of rounds of thunderstorms today. It really felt like Spring. We even got some hail for a few minutes. Nothing severe, just a nice welcome, anything but snow falling from the sky. I pulled my car out of the garage this morning and let the rain wash it off. I'd parked under a tree about a week and a half ago and the birds got it good. I know, I should have washed it long before now, but you know how it goes. The rain got the gross stuff off.

Tomorrow is Juliettes. The girls are finishing up their journeys. The Brownies are making puzzles to teach some younger kids the order of the colors of the rainbow. The Cadettes are putting on a badge workshop focusing on air pressure experiments. So the projects aren't straight from the books, but they do represent something the girls learned along the way. And they are much more doable for our size group and the fact that they all live in different communities. And they will enjoy themselves. Take that Girl Scout Police. (Yeah, I have issues.)

After we wrap up the journeys (Breathe and Wow, for those of you playing along at home), we're going to do pets and plants. Not at the same time. We've got a field trip to a vet office scheduled next month, and I think I'll see if the girls want to try to make some homemade dog biscuits. No clear plans for plants yet. Any ideas?

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Ami said...

I have heard from more than one source that GSUSA is really dumbing down their programs.

I saw quite a bit of evidence of that while I was still involved, actually.

It's a disappointment.

It sounds like you're making the program work for you, though. And yeah, take THAT, GS police!!

Gail said...

Are you working on a badge for plants? Or is it one of the Journeys? I always have lots of ideas for plants, but I'm not sure what direction you're heading. Eating? Planting? Growing? Making stuff out of plants? Making crafty stuff that has something to do with plants? Learning about cells or parts of plants? Ages involved?