Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crochet class

Violet had her crochet class today, turned out to be private lessons. There was only one other girl who had signed up for the class and she had to cancel at the last minute. The crochet lady was game to go on and taught Violet 4 crochet stitches. One of the library ladies was there and another came in to learn to crochet.

They offered to let me stay, but I knew Violet would be more comfortable with me not watching her. But when I picked her up she offered to teach me the basic stitch. I guess she'll have to teach me the names of the stitches too.

The class was part of their hobby corner for teens. They seem to do it every other month. I'm going to encourage her to go back in May for the next one, regardless of the topic. She loves arts and crafts so much. The library lady who was there is the one who oversees it. She works with a lot of the teen programs. I'd like for Violet to get involved with their Teen Advisory Board and to be a volunteer with their summer reading program. But those are both things she'll really have to want to do. I'm thinking if the librarians ask her to join, she likely will. I think they'd both be really good experiences for her (if it is her decision) and confidence builders. Just like crocheting was.

Tomorrow we've got nothing scheduled. Those are my favorite days! Maybe I'll get my crochet lesson.

2 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

What's this? I thought she wasn't going to teach you? LOL

Glad Violet enjoyed herself. :o)

The Old Gray Mare said...

Sounds like Violet really enjoyed the class!

I miss the library ladies at our old library so much.