Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Change in plans

Actually, a quick change in plans on my blog entry. I just realized this is my 500th post in this blog! Wow! Time flies even when you neglect your blog from time to time.

Now back to our regularly scheduled post.

This morning I got an e-mail that Violet's book club was canceled today. There was an illness at the host family's house. It was rescheduled for next Wednesday. I was relieved, I had a webinar I had to listen to and several things for work to do. It was easier to get it all done without being gone for two or three hours. Violet was bummed (very good sign from someone who usually doesn't like to talk in groups, but who will have to at the meetings). But she was glad it was only pushed back a week and not canceled altogether. Am I seeing some signs of growing up here?

We did run out to the library and the bank. I got work done. We did some school work. We didn't add anything to today's list when book club was canceled. Some days I would. There's too much going on this week not to take a break whenever we can.

Like tonight. I have the client work done. I do have things I could do for work, but they aren't urgent. So they aren't being done tonight. And once again, I'm not checking e-mail in the evening. Last night I had 2 things come in around 10 pm (I found them when I logged in this morning). I wouldn't have done them last night and I would have fretted about them all night. They don't pay me to fret. I need to keep working on separating work and home.

We don't have anywhere to go tomorrow and we aren't looking for any trips out either.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Happy 500th! You don't look a day over 499! LOL

I love days when I don't have to go anywhere at all, except I usually have too much to do around the house to really enjoy them. *SIGH*

You've really been on a blog roll lately. I'm feeling like a real slacker! I need to get on it!

Fatcat said...

I'm finding that these shy, sensitive kids gradually come out of their shells, little by little, if you are able to give them some space. Way to go Violet!

I'm trying to spend less time on my computer too and not getting emails before bed. Great minds.