Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fever's down

Violet's fever is gone after 2 days of being over 100. That wasn't too bad. By yesterday afternoon I knew she was feeling better because she was bored. But like Mental has predicted, she does still have the cough.

I may be coming down with it or I may just have cabin fever and a bad case of the grumpies. People are annoying me more than usual. I have a slight headache and I'm really tired. I didn't argue with her when she asked if we could postpone the errands until tomorrow.

I'm wondering if other homeschool moms have the same gripe I do. Or if it is just me. I get so irritated with people who come up with all these wonderful projects and ideas to add to our homeschool curriculum. Not other homeschool moms, you guys know exactly how much effort anything new would take. I'm talking about extended family members who think this would just be great for us to do. Like we have nothing already planned. Like we have all the free time in the world. And yet none of them are willing to do any of it with her. No, I'm supposed to take their grand idea and make it happen. Pushing all my other plans aside. Pushing all Violet's plans aside.

Told you I was grumpy.

The latest one is that I'm supposed to get Violet and her out of state cousin exchanging e-mails. While I love the idea of the two of them being closer, I don't understand why my SIL isn't being asked to initiate it. Actually, I do know. It is because she works you know. I apparently do nothing. Well, I'm not doing anything this time. If the cousin e-mails Violet, I think Violet would love to e-mail back. But they can take the lead this time. And yes, I know it isn't that big of a deal and wouldn't take that all that long to do. It is just the latest in a long line of stuff these particular grandparents want me to make happen.

What is grumpier than grumpy? Super grumpy? Grumpiest? Grumpa-a-dumpa? I'm whatever it is.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh me, oh my. Illness is everywhere. A friend's son had the sore throat; my sister's children have the stomach virus.

I am staying FAR AWAY from the sick people!

I hope Violet feels better soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad Violet is feeling better! :o)

Fatcat said...

The Grumpmeister? Grump-o-rama?

I don't know but I'm with you.

The Old Gray Mare said...

So happy to hear that Violet is feeling better.

Not only do you not "work", but it's your child who is the little unsocialized freak. ;o)