Saturday, February 23, 2008

The cookies are here!

I picked up Violet's Girl Scout cookies today. I was relieved that the cookie chair had decided to keep the extra boxes herself, rather than make me take them as the Juliette Coordinator. (For those of you who have not been sucked into the black hole that is Girl Scout Volunteerism, cookies come in cases of 12 boxes. Troops must round their orders up to the nearest 12 and figure out what to do with the extras. Since Violet is a Juliette not with a troop, there was some talk that I would have to take the extras from all the Juliette orders. Turns out Violet's was the only Juliette order.)

One rather nerve-wracking thing happened while picking them up. The cookie chair had me get Violet's last and had gone back to her house with the cookies. When I drove up she made me back into her driveway, then move the car carefully into place for easy moving of the boxes. And get this, cookie chair's day job: she owns a driving school! I'm not that good of a driver (or at least not a confident driver) and here I am backing into her driveway praying I'm not going to back over one of her trees or into her family room! She just laughed at me when I got out of the car told her!

I'm hoping Violet and I can make the neighborhood deliveries tomorrow. It is supposed to be nice out. We took the ones for my dad's breakfast buddies to him this afternoon. Mr. Incredible will have to handle his office ones. We'll go into my office on Wednesday. I'll be glad when this is done.

So here are a couple of photos of just what 201 boxes of cookies look like:






The cats helped inspect the cookies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Violet is a doll! :o)

Fatcat said...

She's a cutie. Wow what a lot of cookies. I remember when I was a girl scout. I think the most I ever sold was 10 boxes.

The Old Gray Mare said...

That's one happy girl scout!
Her smile lights up the whole picture.

That's a lotta cookies too. :o)

Ami said...

Funny. Your cookies look different than our cookies. Different baker.

Congrats to Violet for selling so many cookies! I have one girl in my troop who LOVES to sell them... the rest... meh.

I don't push it, I simply tell them to try to sell 'some'.
Most of them do.

Jessica said...

Too cute! That sure is A LOT of cookies!

SabrinaT said...

Congratulations to Violet~! She is a cutie! I love the girl scouit uniforms. Maybe because I have all boys.
Have a great time delivering them!