Thursday, October 4, 2007

Much has been going on

I've been busy lately. I keep thinking how much busier I'd be if I were still involved with the Brownie Troop.

We went to the in-laws this weekend. They live in Central Wisconsin and the leaves were just starting to change. We went on a long hike at Devil's Lake State Park. Up and down cliffs. Me carrying my little pink purse. Passing troop after troop after troop of Boy Scouts at a jamboree. My own group even making fun of me for having my purse with. Well, I was told we were going over to the nature center. No one said anything about a 2 plus mile hike until we were well on our way. I had even pointed out back in the car that Violet and I didn't have the best shoes on for a long hike and something short would be appreciated. It is fine to change plans. I can be flexible, really I can. But tell a person so they can get prepared for it.

Same sort of thing happened when we were coming home. We were supposed to be back by early evening, so Sister in law who rode with could catch her train back to the city. Mr. Incredible and Sis decided she'd stay over instead and take the train back in the morning. Did anyone ask me if I had stuff planned for the evening at home? Nope. I had to finish my Sunday work assignments on Monday because we got back too late.

In other news school is going fine. We leave on vacation at the end of next week so we aren't starting anything big right now. Just doing little things and finishing up projects and studies. That laid back approach has been nice since it was also the Girl Scout registration deadline and I had 15 or so troops to process their paperwork. I love the registrar job, it is perfect for me. I just finished the last one this morning. I have a couple of more loose ends that will need to be tied up and I'm expecting a few late registrations to come in. But the bulk is done. In fact, I think I hear someone now at the front porch rattling around in my "Girl Scout bin" leaving or picking up something. Too bad Mr. Incredible isn't here right now, he loves to run out and check it after someone drives away.

On Monday I went to an anti-harassment seminar for work. It was pretty good. I have a lot of observations about how the entire homeschool community could really benefit from anti-harassment training, but I think I'll make that a separate entry later.

The next big thing is to start packing for the trip and doing last minute errands for it. The next small thing is lunch. Then maybe we'll actually do some school work today. I don't really feel like it though (and who is Violet to argue with me!). I think I am already in vacation mode!

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

"I have a lot of observations about how the entire homeschool community could really benefit from anti-harassment training, but I think I'll make that a separate entry later."

Can't wait to hear these!

I wish you could come and join the tiny but wonderful homeschool group I've found. It took a while, but it's been worth it. They're a great group of families.

Daisy said...

Laid back is a good thing. :o)

(Pink purse?)

Freakmom said...

I have 2 pink purses actually, and a bunch of pink shoes. I'm thinking of getting a couple more purses and turning them into trail bags for hiking. I'll show them.