Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cats

Supposedly we only have 3 cats living in this house. I think it is more like 30. Everywhere you turn there is one. Standing where you want to step. Looking for a handout. Scratching something they shouldn't be.

But the worst is at night when Big Red decides to stand on me. He'll stand on me and stick his paw in my ear. Or his wet nose somewhere on exposed bare skin. He woke me up at least 3 times last night. No wonder I want a nap and have been so crabby. He toss him off the bed, he hops right back on. I know you are all saying, put him out of the bedroom and shut the door. When I try that he does these really loud pitiful meows so I still can't sleep.

Our cats are indoor cats. The two boys were both strays and wouldn't go outside if you shoved them through the door. They've been there, they didn't like it on the streets. The girl thinks she's big and tough and is always trying to sneak out. But she lacks survival skills. And whatever that big thing is that comes over our back fence and leaves poop behind would tear her to pieces.

The problem should go away after we've been home a few more days. I think he's still missing us from when we were gone. Meanwhile, today looks like another good day for a nap.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Big Red is just making sure you are where you are supposed to be. LOL