Thursday, September 27, 2007

Feeling better tonight

Well, I've warned you all before. My blog isn't pretty. It isn't sugar-coated. It is basically my therapy sessions. Just be glad I don't have all your phone numbers and spend hours on the phone pouring my heart out every time I get a little upset. I come here. I vent. And you can read or click next blog depending on how your day is going and how you feel. I truly appreciate all the kind thoughts and comments.

I am feeling much better tonight. I talked with Red's Mom a long time this morning (I have her phone number!) and she knows Violet really well and agrees that Violet is a fine kid. Sure she's more sensitive but that is what makes her her. And she does just fine in most situations and those that's she uncomfortable in, she'll get used to as she gets older. Just like all of you have been saying too.

One really nice thing she said was how much she likes that Red and Violet are best friends. They are so different in many ways. But Red's Mom said how she hopes that Violet's quiet, thoughtful temperament will rub off on Red, who (like the stereotypical redhead) has a quick temper and is louder and always very active. I told her that I hope Red's adventurousness and outgoing nature will rub off on Violet. If we could only put the two in a blender we'd get back the perfect kid.

The thing we both hope is that they stay friends as they enter adolescence. Red will make sure they don't miss out on any fun opportunities. Violet will make sure they don't get into trouble.

Red lives right across the street. The girls can see each other's bedroom windows from their own. Maybe I don't want to move after all.

(((Hugs))) to all my loyal readers and friends!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Hey! You have my number! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'll send you my number!!!
I can talk the night away after I get my ruggy rats to bed!!!
I am always available!! LOL!!
Glad things are looking up for you!!
Bunny

Fatcat said...

Maybe she's one of the 25% of kids who are 'highly sensitive'. My oldest definitely is.
http://www.amazon.com/Highly-Sensitive-Child-Children-Overwhelms/dp/0767908724