Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's over

Anyone else relieved Halloween is over? This holiday has just been dragging itself out. It is almost as bad as Christmas in terms of lasting forever. It doesn't help that while on vacation we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party in Disney World. That was a ton of fun, so I feel like that was the real holiday and the rest of this was just extra.

We did have a milestone this year. Violet went out trick or treating with Red's family and Mr. Incredible and I both stayed home. Red's dad and older brother ended up staying out with the girls almost 2 hours! Sounds like all 4 had a great time. Violet could barely carry her bag of goodies home. Violet has been off with Red and her family a lot lately. For a while there it seemed like Red was here constantly. Must be cyclical. I'll have to remember that next time it feels like I've fed Red as many meals as Violet!

The number of trick or treaters was down again this year. I don't really know why, but we don't get nearly as many as we did just 4 or 5 years ago.

In other news. It is day two of using the new toothpaste and I really think it is working. I still have the one canker sore I got a few days before switching but it seems to be healing quickly and isn't nearly as painful as usual.

Tomorrow Violet and I have tickets for the school day performance of a Winnie the Pooh musical at a local theater. It is a live action performance by a dance company. We are really looking forward to it, even if it does mean we have to get up early tomorrow! I am a little worried though that evil mom will be there with her girls. They seat all the homeschoolers together, or at least they did last time. I hope they aren't going. I know, if they show up I'll stick a woozle on them!

Violet's nature center class for Monday, "There's Gold in Them Thar Hills," was canceled due to lack of enrollment. Bummer.

Maybe tomorrow after the theater we'll actually get some school work done. The weather was so nice early this week I couldn't bare to make Violet come in from the swingset. Then today she was busy with all things Halloween. Well, before we know it winter will be here. It will be too icky to go outside and nothing will be going on. Then we'll worry about books.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I love a good plan! :o)

The Old Gray Mare said...

The Winnie the Pooh show sounds like lots of fun!

We had zero trick-or-treaters. We live in a new subdivision with a lot of construction so maybe that's the reason.

Also, every church and civic group had some kind of fall carnival thing going on. I don't think many kids here go door-to-door.

More candy for us! LOL