Thursday, November 1, 2007

Winnie the Pooh

Well, Violet and I both decided that we are definitely not too old for Pooh. The performance was a lot of fun. It was 4 performers and they each played a couple of characters. I like it when Violet figures out which actors had more than one part. That always makes her feel so grown up. They did the stories of Eeyore losing his tail on his birthday, Kanga and Roo moving to the 100 Acre Wood and Pooh and Piglet trying to catch a heffalump. They morphed them all into one story. I don't remember hearing the story of Kanga and Roo moving and Rabbit being scared of Kanga because she is big and new.

The rest of the audience was very young classes like preschool and kindergartners. I think Violet was a little worried when she saw she was the oldest kid there. But she really liked the show. We were the only homeschoolers there! Usually there are 5 or 6 families there. When the usher took us to our seats she pointed out the two we were assigned to but said we were the only ones in that whole section so make ourselves comfortable! They seem to be putting all the homeschoolers together this year. I kind of like that. Then we aren't smack in the middle of a big school group. Also nice that evil mom wasn't there. I'm just as glad to avoid dealing with her.

Our next performance is in December, The Nutcracker. I am looking forward to that too!

1 comment:

Ami said...

I've never seen the Nutcracker, but no one I know will go with me.

:)