Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I avoided the Kool-Aid

I went to my first Girl Scout service team meeting last night. Back when I was still under the influence of the Kool-Aid I signed up to be service unit registrar. Our previous registrar has held the job for 30 years. I'm not following in her foot steps for that long! But the job is a pretty good fit for me. They have to bring me the stuff. I log it in, I turn it in. They don't get it to me, oh well. Not my problem. I don't chase them down (per the retiring registrar). I can do that.

I wouldn't let several of them leave last night until plans were made about how to finalize day camp. It isn't completely settled, but someone else (not me) is following up with the ones who wigged out on us.

But you will all be proud of me that I was in my Freakmom mask and did not agree to any new jobs or duties.

I have been attending my VA meetings regularly (Volunteers Anonymous) and I think I am doing okay at maintaining moderation. I would set up a chapter of VA in yahoo groups so we could all benefit, but I'm afraid that would be considered volunteering. My sponsor won't let me.

My name is Freakmom and I am a recovering volunteer.

2 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

Recovery is sometimes a long process, but you can make it with the support of other freakmoms.
;o)

Daisy said...

Applauding wildly!