Monday, September 24, 2007

Why doesn't she like math?

We only did 2 pages of Miquon math this afternoon. It was all I could take. Violet hates math and really struggles with it. Or maybe I should say she struggles to get out of it.

She talked me into letting her sit in a small chair with her book on a regular chair instead of at the table. Then she spent most of the time falling backwards, staring at the ceiling, rolling around and otherwise not paying attention. Whenever she actually looks at the book and at the rods she gets it, at least fairly quickly. I keep promising her that there are absolutely no answers on the ceiling.

Maybe we need another new math program. I think she gets this one as well as she'd get anything. I think we need a new math attitude. I just don't know how to find that. Does Rainbow Resources sell those? I bet they are expensive if they do.

I absolutely love math. I'd do extra math problems and workbooks just for fun as a kid (yes, I was a freak even then). How can anyone not love math? At least any kid of mine? Sigh.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

I don't know... Rainbow's prices are cheaper than anyone else's. LOL

The Old Gray Mare said...

Maybe we could get a discount if we order in bulk?

Anonymous said...

Hi Freakmom,
I don't know what age Violet is, but Dylan loves to learn with games. WE play many games. We even look online. He likes math, but is unable to remember things.
(Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication etc). I hated math, but in teaching my 9th grader algebra...I am finding it can be fun. LOL.
Good luck!!!
Bunny