Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nothing to complain about today

I guess I had a good day. I can't think of a single gripe.

We got through a nice amount of school work this morning. This afternoon Violet had her friend Tinkerbell over for the afternoon. They both love imaginative play and spent the afternoon as secret agent spies. I tried to get them to play outside because it was such a beautiful day, but they didn't last long. Apparently they had no spy weapons to protect themselves from the giant spiders they encountered.

I am currently caught up with work for my paying job. That happens so infrequently.

We made arrangements to send the weekend in a couple of weeks at the in-laws. They live in Wisconsin and the leaves should be just beautiful. I intend to soak in the colors and fresh air and come back even more refreshed.

The chicken is stewing away in the crockpot. There will be soup, chicken pot pies and chicken salad in our near future.

And in case I scared anyone away with my complaints about the Christian homeschoolers in the park yesterday, please see my comment I added where hopefully I explain myself better. I just need to complete my search for enlightenment on my own. There are already too many external components trying to influence me. I need quiet mediation rather than lectures at this point in my quest for answers. I do greatly admire those who have already figured out their answers. I will get there someday. That much I do know.

Violet is busy with Littlest Pet Shops, Mr. Incredible is on the train coming home from the office, Dash the Cat is sleeping (as are Dash 2 and Dash 3), and I'm trying to remember what I enjoy doing when my free time is actually mine.

2 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

We could all use more of those days when everything in our little corner of the world is good. I'm glad you got to enjoy one today. :o)

Daisy said...

I was smiling as I read this post. :o)