Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tired

Again.  It seems all I do is run, run, run.  I'll be glad when our school year ends and I have one less thing to do for a few months.  We have a list of subject matter that we want to get through before calling 8th grade over.  In the next couple of weeks we should start making good progress towards the end.  I hope to have most of it done by mid-May, and everything done by mid-June.  Pre-Algebra will take into June to complete.

Tomorrow we have Juliettes.  Just one more meeting after that one.  Tomorrow is garden stones, painting clay flower pots and making s'mores bars.  The last meeting is "ironing day".  They can bring their sashes and I'll help them iron on their badges and patches from the year.  Also, they'll bring back their pillow cases that they started during the last ironing day.  They trace designs on iron-on paper, iron them on the pillow cases, then use the fabric markers to decorate them.  It was a huge hit last time and they wanted to do more.  Also, we never got to the fuse beads last time, so I'll get those out again if they want.  (The link has the full description from before.  It is basically the same plan.)

Wednesday we're going to my folks' house for the day.  I've got an eye appointment with my eye doctor from way back.  My dad likes to drive me to the mall where his office is, hang out then have lunch afterward.  And since they always insist on dilating my eyes to the point where I can barely see to sign my credit card slip, I appreciate the lift. 

It is finally starting to get warmer and stay warmer.  Maybe.  The rains have mostly stopped, but there is still a lot of flooding around.  Our yard desperately needs attention.  I'm hoping next Sunday I can get to it.  During the week I have homeschool, work and activities every day.  I spend all day Saturday at the office.  So that just leaves me Sunday.  Today I spent the day cleaning the house for Juliettes, getting out projects and helping to make a super hero costume.

The movie Mr. Incredible is making with Violet, Butterfly and Wright has Violet cast as a superhero.  We made her a cape today.  She made her own mask.  Her character is a normal teen who fights crime, so we just had to find her a pair of jeans and a shirt that would work with it.  Violet had designed this character a few weeks ago in her digital art class.  Then, as they were writing their movie, the kids all said "we need a superhero" and Violet said, "I have a superhero character I can be."  Let's just say the movie experience has been very good for all 4 involved.

Have a good week. 

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

Let us know how the eye appointment goes!

*Hugs-a-bunch*