Tuesday, April 16, 2013

These Keds Were Made for Walking

I've logged in 2 miles a day for 4 days in a row now.  I just go in a big circle around our subdivision.  There's no place to walk to around here that doesn't involve crossing a dangerous road.  Eventually I might try it.  But for now, I'd rather walk peacefully and not be a flap jack on the side of the road.

Tomorrow I am going to take off from my walking routine and wear my pedometer when we go to the Square to try to see some of the filming of Restaurant Impossible.  I plan to park a couple of blocks away, and Violet and I have some used book sales to check out, so I should log at least a mile.

I splurged and spent $25 on a new digital scale.  It was the rest of my gift card money from Christmas and other things.  I wanted a better readout than our old scale which measures in "ish" increments.  You know, I weight 165-ish right now.  I want to weigh 150-ish (well, I really want to weigh 140-ish, but one step at a time).  It is hard to see how you are doing through a dust-covered, 25-year old scale which is difficult to make out the little lines on.  So I splurged.  Now I can see if I am really making progress or not.

I am racking up the points at Walgreens.  


1 comment:

Fatcat said...

Wow. That's great! I'm still procrastinating. :-P