Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rain Again

The rain is back tonight.  I've been periodically checking the skylights to make sure they aren't leaking.  They did once several years ago and we had to have a guy out to caulk them.  It was a temporary solution and one of these days we'll need to do it again.  But so far, today's not the day. 

I've started walking again, now the weather's warmer.  I prefer to walk in the morning, after people have left for work and school.  It is so much quieter out then.  Sometimes have to walk after dinner.  I don't care for that at all.  I did download an audio book for my phone, I'm going to give it a try to listen to it while walking.  I've chosen Dawn O'Hara by Edna Ferber. 

My eye appointment went very well.  For someone who can never seen anything, I have very healthy eyes.  My prescription didn't change and she recommended continuing with the contacts and readers as needed.  Works for me, they are going to order the contact for me and have them shipped to my house. 

This afternoon Violet and I seemed to get a cooking bug.  We made grilled chicken (indoors in a pan), grilled asparagus, sweet potato fries and couscous.  I had sweet potatoes and asparagus that weren't getting any younger.  We decided a sauce was needed, so we looked up recipes and found one for a Dijon mustard vinaigrette that Violet thought sounded good.  But we didn't have an Dijon mustard.  So we found a recipe for that too.  Violet made the Dijon, then the vinaigrette with that.  Tasty.  Really tied the chicken, couscous and asparagus together. 

Tomorrow is digital movie maker day.  I hope to drop Violet off with Mr. Incredible at his office, then if he doesn't have much going on after they are done, she'll hang out there and ride home with him.  I'll go have a wild and crazy time and hit the library to get some holds, Walgreens and 2 grocery stores before coming home to put it all away and work.  But, if client issues come up and he needs to make stops after he leaves the office or will be a long time, I'll just get the groceries and go back for her before coming home. 






No comments: