Saturday, April 20, 2013

Losing my Gung Ho

Well, I started out great walking.  Made it 5 days in a row.  Then the temperatures dropped and it started hailing, icing and snowing.  It is not supposed to do that in April!  Especially the second half of April.  And yet, here we were the last couple of days being snowed on by little icy pellets!

Yes, Sabrina, it will eventually warm up here in Illinois.  In fact, it will likely go from this icky, cold, wet weather straight into hot and humid.  So keep your shorts and sandals around. 

The flooding is crazy here.  I know several families with leaking basements and/or roofs.  Luckily our sky lights are holding up so far.  The fields are flooded.  A couple of nursing homes had to be evacuated.  Roads were closed.  Did I mention, it rained a lot.

So, I haven't been walking in 3 days.  I just couldn't bring myself to go out in 30 mile an hour winds with periodically heavy rains and ice pellets coming down.  That doesn't cooperate with your umbrella very well.  Sigh.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and sunny.  (Today was sunny and cold, but I was at work all day.)  I must take myself out for a nice walk tomorrow.

I've got to get my gung ho back.

1 comment:

SabrinaT said...

Yesterday was not so bad here.. Well if you see a crazy lady driving on the wrong side of the road it's just me!

Anything you recommend we do while we are here? We have 3 winters lol