Saturday, July 18, 2009

What happened to summer?

The last 3 days it has been unseasonably cold. No pool time. Capris instead of shorts. Heck, I've even worn a jacket.

Yesterday was Violet's birthday party. She invited 2 girlfriends for an afternoon of mini golf and ice cream. I had been worried it would be really hot. It didn't break 70 and even sprinkled on us. It was a nice time. I really like the course we went to. It is owned by the park district of a neighboring town. They have 2 mini golf courses. If you play one, you can immediately play the second for only $1 more. We did all 36 holes. The total price for 2 adult and 3 kids? $33. Yep. It is cheap fun.

We went to an ice cream place that sings at you if they find out it is your birthday. I think Violet was going to disown me. She HATES that. And since it was too cold and windy and rainy to open presents outside at the golf place we did it inside and she got sung at. She had pleaded to open them in the car. I think she would have been willing to return them rather than go through that. Poor kid, took her a few minutes to stop crying and regain her composure.

Today we ran errands in the morning and I worked in the afternoon. Tomorrow I just have a little work left to do. Not sure what to do with myself when I have free time.

The birthday party had been the last scheduled event of the summer. Of course more things come up, but I'm hoping to keep it to a minimum. Violet has a girlfriend coming over on Tuesday. Wednesday she is going to my folks while I see the eye doctor for my year contact prescription update. I'll visit there too before and after, so it will be a full day. And of course, Monday night is her first night at her new swim lesson level.

Tonight? I'm taking it easy for a change.

4 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

Taking it easy? What does that mean? ;o)

Mother Mayhem said...

Emily hates being sung to on her birthday too! LOL

Mel said...

Happy belated birthday to Violet. Sounds like fun except for the singing. I hate that too.

The Cooking Lady said...

I'll trade you any day of the week. You know it's hot when you are hanging clothes at 7AM and the sweat is rolling down...never mind!