Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camp photos

I know you've all been dying to see our camp photos, so I'm posting a few tonight. I think I still haven't recovered from camp. I'm tired, achy, have a bit of a headache. I wonder if it is West Nile from all those mosquitoes. Or Lyme disease from the ticks at Camp Icky (we didn't actually see any ticks, they just kept screaming at us to wear our hats at all times because the place practically rained ticks). Maybe I can sue Camp Icky.

Anyway....

These are in no particular order, that seems to hard tonight.

Here's Violet painting rocks. She loves to paint rocks. Or anything for that matter, except walls. I've tried. Sorry Fatcat, if she'd do walls, I'd loan her to you for a weekend.



This camp has a cool corn maze, it was pretty tall at points. We found our way out in about 25 minutes. That was about average.



Here's Violet in our tent with all her toys. She loves to have lots of company in bed. Funny story, in the middle of the night she wakes me up, "Mama, I'm ready to go back to the tent." Um, we are in the tent. "I want to go back to the tent now." We can't get any more in the tent than we are. Then silence. I asked her about it the next day. She said she was dreaming that we were sleeping out under the stars. Not sure where she got that from, she's never done that yet.



Outside our tent. We had the whole thing to ourselves. I think it was bigger than an apartment Mr. Incredible and I had in college.



Here's me at the tent.



Me hiking around camp.



And Violet being artsy.



She took a lot of artsy photos this time. There are shadows and trees and sunbeams. I need to find her a photography contest to enter. She's pretty good. When I try to be artsy I get weird. She gets cool.

4 comments:

Ami said...

Lyssa used to bring a whole duffle bag full of beanie babies to sleep with. Our troop had only one rule about them... you can bring as many as you can personally carry.

I was all excited when I saw the title of your post hoping to see the tie dyed shirts.

Next post, huh?

SabrinaT said...

It looks like you both had a great time, Your tent was bigger then this hotel room, that is slowly getting smaller with the boys!!!!

Fatcat said...

Thanks for thinking of me and my painting but get this --- we started today!

I'm jealous of your camping experiences. They look like so much fun!

retha said...

I'll camp any time if I could have a tent like that. Or maybe I should first ask for a photo of the ablution facilities before I make a final decision.

Dreaming of sleeping under the stars - she must have enjoyed it there.