Friday, July 17, 2009

Spirits lifted

I've been dragging around. I haven't felt super good. Work has held a lot of icky projects for me. The neighbor kid has been visiting a lot. Then yesterday, I made a mistake at work that will haunt me for a while. I said something snarky about a client in e-mail. The e-mail was then forwarded to someone in her organization. It likely won't get back to her, and if it does I have my cover story of what "meant" to say and well, we all know how things get misinterpreted in writing, etc. But I still felt awful about it. I know better. I'd like to be made at the person who forwarded it, but still it falls to me I wrote the comment in the first place and know better.

Sidebar: The snarky comment was true. Most people in her organization would probably agree with it. Hopefully the guy won't even read that far down and if he does not think anything of it.

Anyway, I was on hold this morning with a government agency, waiting for what I knew would be no help at all, but for what was a necessary hoop to jump through, when I got the best IM ever! My dear friend Mother Mayhem popped up and said her trucker hubby had recently had a trip to my town. And the best part, he might have to come back again. And if/when he does, she and Sweetums will ride with so we can all meet up for lunch/visiting/chatting/hugging!

I'm so excited! Just the prospect of it is delightful! I so hope it comes off!

And it lifted my spirits so much! Just the thought that a friend would travel 700 or 800 miles (I'm guessing here, don't want to look it up, let's say an even "lot" of miles) just to have lunch with me and family! Well, I'm all dancing in the clouds now!!!

Happy dancing all the day through....

2 comments:

Ami said...

How cool!!

I'd love to meet you myself, but I don't see that happening any time soon unless that 8 mil comes in from Nigeria.

Hope your weekend makes you feel more cheery yet!

Mother Mayhem said...

Happy dancing here too! :o)