Monday, July 13, 2009

Promotion!

We went to swim lesson as usual tonight. When we got there the nice lady that runs the office stopped us and said that after tonight they were promoting Violet to level 4! In her next level she'll learn flip turns, dolphin kicks, butterfly arms, and even start diving! I'm probably more excited that she is. Actually, I'm sure I am, she will have to switch to a new instructor. We asked and her current teacher doesn't have any level 4 classes. But I think she'll like the new girl a lot, she's also young and enthusiastic and seems very nice.

I am happy that we were able to keep the lessons on Monday nights, she'll just go an hour later. I'm actually happy about that too. Her classes had been during the same time as the baby class. Which was fine, but it made for a more crowded pool and locker room with all the babies and the moms in there. (There are a few dads too, but they didn't fill up the ladies' locker room, tee hee.)

Violet has just made incredible strides in her swimming. She could barely doggy paddle when she started in early March and now she's swimming like a fish. And next week she'll start swimming like a dolphin!

In other news, yes I did download the pictures from the camera. No, I haven't posted them. I will, I will. And a shout out thanks to Ami Mental who I turned to today for tie dye advice. I couldn't remember what to do with our shirts once we rinsed out the dye. I'll get photos of those taken and posted too.

3 comments:

SabrinaT said...

Congratulations to your new Dolphin!!

Mother Mayhem said...

Hurray for your Lil Mermaid! :o)

retha said...

Good to hear the Dads there knows their place :)

Congratulations and I am certain the success till now will help with the change coming.