Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ice Storm

Last night we were hit with freezing rain and snow.  Made for terrible driving.  I had been supposed to go out to dinner with some friends, but had begged off.  There were a million reasons, mainly, I just didn't feel emotionally up to it.  Anyway, I was so glad I did because I would have been out there in all that ice, for no good reason. 

Today Violet took her cookie form to the two neighbors who always order from her.  One placed their order.  The other didn't answer the door although we know there was someone home.  It could be like us, we often don't answer.  We get so many solicitors, even with the big "NO SOLICITING" sign on the door and we often don't feel like it.  So we left a note in their door.  They'll either call with an order or not.  She's really not enthusiastic about sales this year, that it is fine either way.  They've ordered from her for the last 7 years so we did want to give them a chance.  The mom works at the elementary school and has liked to be able to tell all the hordes of little girls who ask her there that she always orders from her neighbor, Violet.

We also got through the last of our first semester work.  Tomorrow we have a Juliette meeting here, then Tuesday we'll get started on Spring semester.  I guess I had better get a plan a bit more firmed up. 

I don't know how I can be so busy all the time.  I am constantly putting out fires and moving on to the next one.  It doesn't help that I'm still insisting on getting a lot of reading time in.  But I think I really need that quiet reflection time.  A crazed mama is not a pretty thing!

No comments: