Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bubbles is home

I picked up Bubbles this morning and brought her home.  She has 3 days of pain meds.  It is one tiny tablet for each night, which she just gobbled up.  (Reading back through it, she just gobbled up tonight's tablet, not all three.)  I was surprised at how much fur was shaved off.  We are supposed to keep her calm and not jumping or playing too much.  I thought she'd be quiet and tired, but she certainly wasn't this afternoon.  Tonight, since Mr. Incredible has gotten home, she's been little miss sleepyhead in his lap.  So, of course, he doesn't believe that she was nutty earlier.  Hopefully she will stay calm, so she doesn't pull her stitches.

Violet did her volunteer work today.  At the first program they had quite a few kids.  She helped with a craft project.  The second program was for older kids (the same age group as the Volunteens), and the only ones signed up for it didn't come.  So it was just the 5 Volunteens who were there.  Violet said they just did all the activities themselves and had a good time.  I think that was probably good for her to have the time with her fellow volunteers. 

Tomorrow we have no outside activities!  Yay!  Tomorrow is my mom's follow up appointment with the surgeon.  She's feeling really good, well tons better.  So we expect the appointment will go well.

Tonight I'm beat.  I had to make 4 trips to and from the library today!  I think that explains my headache.  Good night.


1 comment:

Mel said...

Glad to hear Bubbles is bouncing back so well! FYI, I changed my blog url from Night Owl Mom to melcontented.blogspot.com