Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crash

Yep, today I crashed.  I couldn't get up this morning.  Work issues are weighing me down.  I have done so much the last couple of days, I was just pooped today.  I still got through a lot, but not as much.  I am ready for a nap.

I think I've overworked Violet too.  She was complaining of a stomach ache.  I had her try to do a math lesson, we use Teaching Textbooks.  Partway through the lecture I looked over her, her eyes were welled up with tears.  I told her to go ahead and stop.  She wasn't going to learn anything in that mental state (I was kind about it, that sentence has the potential to have been said snottily - I assure you I didn't say it that way.)  I suggested she read another chapter in her book, then we start a new jigsaw puzzle.  The only other schoolish thing we did was read a chapter in The Enchanted Castle, our current read aloud.

There isn't much on the list for tomorrow.  We'll try to hit the school books again.  And she has tennis.  Provided she feels good in the morning.  I find that the "off" feeling sometimes is a precurser to being sick.  We'll see what morning brings.


No comments: