Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday

I was busy with phone calls for work today.  I had mixed feelings, I had to leave the last call early, right when they finally started involving me with questions, etc.  I felt bad that I had to leave, not helping my career or position any.  But, they also started the meeting over a half an hour late.  Not my fault, and they knew ahead of time what time I had to leave.  Oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

This was week 2 of tennis.  Three of Violet's friends were in class this week, none of them had made it last week.  Violet didn't mind that she had the chance last week to learn her way around last week without them there.  She did say the class had about twice as many people this week as last, and she liked it smaller.  She's got 5 weeks left.  I'm not pushing her to take another session or to quit after that.  It is only 5 minutes from our house, which is awesome.  But it does take up a precious time slot and we could funnel the money to something else. 

Tomorrow is Volunteens at the library.  They will be planning the children's storytime session they are putting on during Christmas break.  I'll take a book or my computer and hangout while she's there.  Another one that is only 5 minutes from home.  But this one I do want to see her continue, at least for a while.

The election is over.  Some of my candidates won.  Some lost.  Now comes the waiting to see what actually happens.  But these are politicians we're talking about, nothing will happen.  The economy will still be in the dumpster.  The healthcare system will still suck.  There won't be enough good jobs.  Roads will either be in horrible disrepair or hopelessly blocked off due to construction.  And no one elected will give a rat's ass about me or my family or my concerns, no matter what they say.

Not that I'm bitter or cynical or anything.

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

bitter, cynical? What's that like? I have no idea. :-P

MOM #1 said...

Oh, it looks soooo groooovy over here. Nice makeover. Has it been this way for a while? Am I just noticing? Oh, well.

I don't do much election talk. I'm just glad it was all over early . . . I thought for sure we were in for week and weeks of counting and re-counting. I don't think I had the stomach for that at all.

I'm glad Violet is enjoying tennis. I never did get the hang of playing. Not enough hand-eye coordination, I think. Plus, you have to run wayyyy too much for me, LOL.