Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Lots to do

Busy day today.  We spent the morning running around.  I wanted to go vote (so I can reserve my right to complain).  Violet wanted to buy some Christmas material to make some pillow cases, and I wanted to get the material while it was on sale at JoAnn.  We needed groceries and gas, and needed to pick up some holds at the library.  While we were out and about, in mixed with the rain...snowflakes!  Yikes!  What is up with that?!

I had some work to do.  The boss was back today, I was very happy about that.  Had a short phone call meeting with her.  All is good.  Or least the same as always. 

We were busy with school work.  Violet is kicking math's ass these days.  She's doing Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra and is out of the percents, fractions, etc. stuff and into the real beginning algebra stuff.  She has a brain that works well with that.  She can solve those equations in her head with amazing speed.  Thank goodness, she's struggled with the arithmetic topics.  She's enjoying it much more.

About 4:00 we wrapped things up and played a round of Phase 10.  We love that game.  We don't play 100% by the published rules.  We've altered a couple of things so that they make better sense to us.  For instance, even if you don't phase in a round, you still move on to the next phase in the next hand.  I think we need to get out the rules and learn to play Rummy.  I used to play, but I don't remember how any more.  Violet is really good at Phase 10, so I think she'd enjoy it.

Mr. Incredible is watching election results.  I drift through every once in a while and make fun of the fact that they can declare winners with only 2% of the vote in.  I did peek at the local newspaper's website and I think I'm going to be disappointed with the local elections.  Well, I'd be disappointed if I didn't fully expect my picks to lose.  I don't vote with the majority here in my county.

Tomorrow I have a few phone calls for work, so Violet will get some time off.  Then she has tennis in the afternoon.  Always on the go!

2 comments:

Mel said...

We are really loving Teaching Textbooks so far. It was a nice upgrade and continuation from Time4Learning math we used for 3 years. B is using Algebra 1 and I sure wish we'd had this in public school. I probably wouldn't have hated math so much!

MOM #1 said...

Y'all do sound busy. I'm so glad Violet is enjoying Teaching Textbooks. That's what Baby Boy used, and it seemed to serve him well. I always hated math.

I'm glad the election results came in relatively early. I still fell asleep on them, but I had some sort of idea what was going on before I hit the hay, LOL.