Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday

This morning was art class.  Violet had a good time and was talking up a storm about things the different kids said and so on.  Mr. Incredible had offered to start taking her when I have to go to the office on Saturdays, if she wanted to stay in it.  I told her and I think she might take him up on it.  Seems like she mainly wanted to drop art if she had to switch to an evening class.  I'm glad she might keep it up.  She's really good.  Her art teacher is terrific.  And I haven't heard her talk so excitedly about a group since, well since Volunteens on Thursday!  I think tennis is still history.

I went to Starbucks during art class.  I think Mr. I likes of idea of getting to go there himself while she's in class.  It is such a nice treat.  Coffee, quiet time, wifi, it doesn't get much better than that.  Well, it would be better if I could be in slippers and sweatpants instead of proper shoes and clothes, but those pesky public health regulations don't really support that.

I've cleaned the house and tomorrow will get things set up for our Juliette meeting.  We're making our Thanksgiving box to donate to the local food pantry.  The Girl Scouts in our area do it every year.  And we're going to learn about antioxidants and make a black bean and chick pea pita pocket which is high in antioxidants.  Except ours will be in whole wheat tortillas instead of a pita because we couldn't find pitas at Walmart.  The Juniors are earning the old Looking My Best badge and the new Simple Meals, the Cadettes are earning Eating for Beauty.  We'll also talk about the importance of sleep for looking good.  And we'll list some foods high in fat, sugar and salt and pick one to make at the next meeting, but healthier.  It should be busy and fun.

I have volunteered to coordinate all the cookie sales for Juliettes in our service unit.  I am such a control freak.  I think I'll be happier doing the extra work in order to have more of a say in how they work.  Remind me of that this winter!

We've had super warm weather today and yesterday.  It is supposed to stay the same tomorrow, then turn cold and maybe even snow! 

2 comments:

Ami said...

" I have volunteered to coordinate all the cookie sales for Juliettes in our service unit."


You're nuts. That is all.

MOM #1 said...

When you're up to your eyeballs in cookie sale drama, don't come crying to us! ;-)