Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tomorrow: A Day Off

Finally, tomorrow we don't have to go anywhere!  I love those days.  And so does Violet.  I think that is another sign we have too many activities this year.

Today was the field trip to the photography studio.  It was fantastic!  She showed us all around.  Did some photos.  Demonstrated some lighting techniques.  Showed us what she does in touch up and computer artistic enhancement.  We learned a lot and had fun.

We've been talking that Violet should take karate or self-defense starting after the first of the year.  My dad is a former karate instructor and had his own studio while I was growing up.  I took classes, of course.  It was really good for me.  I should have been more serious about it, but my parents wanted to be sure not to push me into it.  A little gentle shove would have helped.  Or maybe they were right and that same gentle shove could have been disastrous.  Parents never know.  We do what we can.

Anyway, I think Violet does want to give it a try.  My parents have offered to pay for it if she wants to try it out.  But looking at the schedule something else will have to go.  So in December, we'll sit down and take a hard look at activities.  Violet knows this and is happy to do it.  I've told her she doesn't have to give anything up, but if she does decide to add something, something will need to go just to fit in all in and save our sanity.  She's in agreement.  Like I said, she loves the rare days home and wouldn't mind a few more.  The only thing that can't go is the Juliette group that meets at our house.  We've committed to the girls for the full school year.  And I think it is one of Violet's favorite activities.  I'd really like to see her continue with the volunteer group at the library.  I think that has potential to be really, really good for her.  I think she likes it a lot too.  So that leaves the other Cadette group, art lessons, and tennis. 

We'll have to wait and see. And we all know how good I am at that!  I wanted to go ahead and schedule a photo shoot for high school graduation photos, in four and a half years!  You know, get it on the calendar now while it is fresh in our minds. 

Yes I have a problem. 

Hello, my name is Freakmom and I am a compulsive planner.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

LOL! I totally would have wanted to pencil something in myself.

Mel said...

Lately B also looks forward to days we have nothing planned but they are pretty rare right now. The photo studio tour sounds fun. I wish we had groups around here that did things like that. My husband used to teach Tae-KwonDo when we lived in CO, kids and adults, he's a 3rd degree black belt, but we could never get B interested in it beyond her yellow belt. We didn't push but in retrospect I wish we would have.

Mother Mayhem said...

Karate sounds more fun than tennis... I'm just sayin'... ;o)