Monday, November 5, 2012

Finally

Yes, tomorrow is finally the election.  I know it won't all be over after that, but once the polls close at least part of the madness will end.  There will be weeks, months, years of bickering to come.  But at least by then people will stop trying to tell me how to vote.  Yes, I can make up my own mind.  Crazy, huh?

I have been avoiding some homeschool forums for a few weeks.  I can't take the bickering.  Sorry, no matter how you try to spin it, in my opinion it isn't "educational" discussion, it is soap box fillabustering.  Except I don't have to listen.  I can click to another website.  Or even better, pick up a book and read.

I've been reading So Big by Edna Ferber.  She won a Pulitzer Prize for it.  I read it a long time ago in high school.  I am loving it now.  I think her books are definitely better to read when you are older.  I loved her writing then.  But now I get so much more of it.  If you loved Edna Ferber but haven't read her work lately, I'd highly recommend picking one up again.  She is a master.  If you ask me.  Which you didn't, but this is my blog. 

The weekend was pretty uneventful.  Art class for Violet, turned in Fall Product Sales orders, cleaning, reading, relaxing.  A nice time.  I didn't work at all, even better!  I am pretty caught up on things so I've been coasting along quietly.  The boss has been on vacation and gets back tomorrow.  Things will pick up when she's back.  But I am so glad she's returning.  Bad things happen when she's gone for too long.  Some weird things happened last week.  I'm glad she's coming back before they can turn from weird to bad. 

So happy election day everyone!  Just think, soon we'll be able to answer the phone again!!  (Could this possibly be what our Founding Fathers had in mind?  I keep picturing James Madison rolling in his grave.)


2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I wish the darn election would come and go already! Baby Boy did participate in his first presidential election, which was exciting for me. . . But we don't do madness . . . We early voted.

Ami said...

We don't answer our phone anymore. They can call our cell if it's family or friend. Everyone else can smooch my donkey.