Tuesday, October 23, 2012

We're really not slovenly

Looking back at my posts, it sounds like we live in some sort of slovenly suburban hovel.  Mice in the walls.  Bedbugs.  It really isn't as bad as it sounds.  Of course, we are also overrun by box elder bugs.  Did I mention that Bubbles likes to eat them?  Pops them like candy.  But no, the house is fairly clean (I've never claimed to be a superior housekeeper).  There are no dirty dishes piled up in the kitchen (well just a couple, from earlier today), no spoiled food in the refrigerator, no mold, no garbage piled up.  Just bugs and mice.  Sigh.

Today we went to the fitness center where Violet is signed up to take tennis lessons starting next week.  We'd never been there and wanted to see where we were going before class started.  They couldn't have been nicer.  They gave her a non-member card that she could just get swiped each time she goes, showed us where the tennis courts are and the lounge.  Offered us a full tour, but we passed for now.  We aren't going to join.  But gosh, it was tempting.  They have a pool, a spa, tennis, weights and exercise equipment.  And get this...a Subway!  Yes, there is a restaurant in the fitness center!  Boy, when we have money again...  I had no idea how fancy fitness centers had gotten.  It was a far cry from they YMCA I used to lifeguard at during college.  It is owned by a big hospital conglomeration.  No wonder their fees made me cringe when I looked at them.

I bet they don't have mice in the walls.

2 comments:

Ami said...

But you know, with the live trapping... you could ASSIST just about anyone with that...

Gail said...

My brother used to eat boxelder bugs when he was little. Mom said she'd find the wings stuck in his teeth.