Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday

Ironing day was a great success.  The girls enjoyed tracing and ironing on the transfers to the pillow cases so much, they didn't get to the fuse beads.  But I promised to bring those back out at a future meeting.  Our birthday girl brought us delicious brownies!  Man, oh man, I was wishing there was a polite way to keep the leftovers!  But I sent them back with her.  My Cadettes happily did their own ironing, but the Juniors didn't want to.  I did get the youngest Junior to do a little at the end.  Their sashes look good and they were so happy to get them updated. 

I am so pleased at how well our little Girl Scout group is going this year.  The moms have been chipping in with miscellaneous supplies.  One family sent a whole stack of white card stock (they have a family printing business which uses it).  We'll turn that into Christmas and/or thank you cards soon!  There's so much, I'm thinking Valentines too.  Another family had a bunch of clay pots we can decorate.  I'm just so thrilled to have the participation!  And we're putting together a Thanksgiving box (a tradition for our service unit).  The moms are all busy splitting up the list of what to go in it.  I love it! 

Today was more stressful.  Violet and I met with her orthodontist to see what the plan would be for phase 2 of braces.  Mr. Incredible and I had talked about it a lot, and agreed that this was something we should do now while she's young and everyone else has them on too.  They are needed.  She could get by without them, but it will be much better in the long run.  There could be some serious issues as an adult if a few things are fixed.  Not immediate, but some day.  And it isn't her fault that we have a lot less income (and no dental insurance) than we did a few years ago.  Tonight it was decided we'll wait until after the first of the year to get them on, then she won't have to have them for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  They are talking probably 12 months, maybe a little longer, so if she gets them on after the New Year, she'll have them on for one holiday season, but not two.

You'd think having made a decision that has been hanging over my head for months would make me feel better, but no.  I'm still stressed.  I know it is the best, I want her to get them.  I just hate making her wear them, having to dip into savings to pay for them, and just everything!  (I know you all know what I mean).  I'm a bundle of guilt and stress and anger tonight. 

Tomorrow is Halloween.  We'll be back a little after Trick or Treating starts, Violet has her first tennis lesson.  I'm worried about how that will go too.  I hope she enjoys it.  I hope the instructors are nice.  I just hope, you know?

I would say I'm overreacting to everything, but you know, I think I am just "mom-reacting" to everything.  Well, that and I am a control freak who isn't in control of much this week! 

Where are the chocolate bars for tomorrow?  I think I need a few now!


No comments: