Sunday, October 21, 2012

Feeling Better

Posting yesterday was definitely therapeutic.  And getting positive feedback from you guys, even more so!  I've been away too long.  And I think I've gotten lonely.  I have in person friends, but you know how that is, we're all too wrapped up in the comings and goings to talk.  Isn't it odd how you can feel closer to online friends than people you see in person?  You share so much more when you have time to sit and talk and think.  Online everyone can do it in their own timezone and own space.  In person, well, we never stop to do that anymore.

It is probably wrong to say, but I was so glad to hear that many others are also having their anger issues in a bunch due to the pending elections.  I saw a news story that the election is neck and neck right now.  I am scared of what would happen if my candidate doesn't win.  As I am sure many others are too, from both sides of the ballot.  Because both sides are painting such horror stories of the other.  No matter who you are in favor of, the other side makes Hades seem not so bad.  (Not posting here which side I'm on.  Those of you who've known me for years can probably guess.  I don't want it coming up in search engines and having opposing sides leaving comments.)  I know it is part of campaigning and things won't really be apocalyptic, but you know how it is.

On an even more personal note, I switched to using a hydrocortisone cream on my suspected bites and they are a lot less itchy.  I've tried a few other things which weren't successful.  It does brighten one's day not to be scratching under your armpits all day!  I say suspected because Mr. Incredible isn't as convinced as I am that they are bedbug bites.  He still has the thought that bedbugs are found in dirty, unkempt places only.  Whereas truth is, they can be anywhere.  They actually just prefer dark places.  From my research they don't care if the place is clean or dirty.

Did I tell you that Violet is dressing up for Halloween as the new kitten, Bubbles?  Her costume is almost ready.  I'll post photos when it is.  In the meantime, do you want to see the new cutie in our lives?  


Little stinker, isn't she?  She's into EVERYTHING!


This was after the last Girl Scout meeting at our house.  Bubbles was exhausted! It is hard to keep 5 girls entertained for so long.


Bubbles' costume is ready to go.  Isn't she the cutest pumpkin? She looks mad here, but she seems to like wearing it.


Okay, this one takes a little more explaining.  One morning I saw a parakeet in the birdfeeder on our back deck!  A parakeet!?  That's not right!  So we got out an old birdcage and set it on the table outside, thinking maybe it would look familiar to the parakeet and he'd fly to it.  He didn't.  When it started to rain, I brought it inside.  Cue kitten to climb in and make herself at home!

I'm going to try really hard not to be a stranger.  My mental health is too important to neglect my buddies like I've been doing!

Many hugs to you all!

6 comments:

Ami said...

Love the cat in the birdcage. Cute!!

And I am bothered by the elections, too. It's no secret that I think the O-man is a moron who has screwed us for generations to come, but I don't like the M-guy either.

Mostly, I am just waiting for it to be over so I can go on with my mundane life and NOT have political commentary in my face all the damn time.

Fatcat said...

What I HATE most about the elections is the "us" and "them" mentality and the press whipping it up, emphasizing it and working it for all it's worth. They are trying to polarize us for ratings, trying to make the sides hate each other. I think either way the election turns out (and at this point, I'm starting to not care), somebody's grandkids are going to end up on trains headed to gas chambers.

Can you tell you caught me in a really good mood?

I worry. :-(

Fatcat said...

Sorry! You were feeling better. I prob ruined it.

I'm crabby.

Fatcat said...

Sorry! You were feeling better. I prob ruined it.

I'm crabby.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the elections are, you know, insane. Best for us each to choose our candidate and move along from there. :)

OK, the cat in the cage pictures *really* got me. Seriously, Bubbles? Seriously? Did you think you were getting a free lunch?

Cute. That's all one needs to say about Bubbles.

Mel said...

I definitely love my online friends and it's true I am closer to some of them than anyone I know in real life, some even date back to 1996 or so. In person it is always so distracting...kids, other people around, short time spans to visit....etc. And these days I have zero in person friends since we moved...so now all my in person friends are long distance friends which really sucks. I meet people but it's very casual and on the surface of things especially where we live now because it's so very conservative. All I can say is thank goodness for the internet, it's saves me social sanity! The election has me really bummed out and so does all the ugliness coming out on both sides especially among my friends, I've been shocked at some of the things that have come up. (facebook, feel like taking a hiatus there until everything is over!) Congrats on the kitty, Bubbles is adorable!!