Saturday, June 2, 2012

Checking in

The pinched nerve still hurts, but it is so much better.  A lot of the time it is just a dull ache.  And when I get sharp pains, they aren't as bad.  Mostly just sitting at the computer and driving are problems.  I have to drive about 3 hours next week to my next conference.  I'm a bit worried about that long in a car.  I've been trying different set ups with my computers, keyboards and mice (yes, plural, one set I own personally and one work issued).  I think that is helping.  Plus some mild exercise and less mild house cleaning and gardening.

Anyway, here's what we've been up to.

School is completely over!  Yahoo!  Violet starts her first sewing class on Monday afternoon.  They meet Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon this week.  They'll learn to use the sewing machine and will make a pillow case.  I think she'll learn a lot and really enjoy it.  Monday night I'm going out of town, but will be back Tuesday evening.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do while she's in class on Monday and Wednesday (Tuesday I'll give a presentation about the use of nurse practitioners in skilled nursing facilities and drive home - a little glimpse into my professional life.)  The sewing class is next to a Starbucks.  And it is a block from Mr. I's office.  I'll have to get his key and alarm code if I want to go there and he isn't in.  Otherwise, I guess it is Starbucks for me!

Girl Scouts is on summer break too.  The girls had their potluck and badge ceremony on Friday.  We had a nice time.  Violet's stuffed shells were a big hit.  Even the little sister, who doesn't like anything, loved them.  We took that as high praise.  This year the girls did a journey, 4 badges and an earned patch from our council in honor of the 100th anniversary.  And they had lots of fun.  The group that meets at our house (yes, she's in 2 separate groups - we may merge them eventually, but so far it works like this) earned a journey, 3 badges, the GS Forever Green patch, and almost finished another badge.  Busy year!

Freddy and Humphrey the hamsters are doing good.  We got a second ball so they could both run around at the same time.  They love that, they crash into each other and roll all over.  But when they go back in their cage they fight for a couple of minutes.  Then they settle down and are friends again.  In the morning we find them curled up sleeping together.  So far no blood has been drawn or large clumps of fur pulled out, so sharing the cage seems to be working.  We'd just all rather they didn't fight.

Violet and I have been trying to clean out the garden and get some seeds planted.  Today we enlisted Mr. Incredible's help and advice.  It is really his garden, but he hasn't had time to work in it.  Tomorrow he's going to help us with some bigger projects.  We'll have to see if anything actually grows.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!



3 comments:

Ami said...

nice to know you're still around... rest up and keep healing.

:)

Fatcat said...

I hope your pinched nerve gets unpinched soon so you can enjoy your summer.

Mel said...

Nice to read a new update! Glad the hamsters are working out!