Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pinched Nerve

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and right shoulder.  I get sharp pains in my shoulder and when they aren't sharp, just a dull ache.  It is particularly bad when I sit at my computer or drive.  It has been going on almost a week.  I've had to drive to Michigan and back with it.  While in Michigan I had to sit in uncomfortable chairs for an educational conference.  Now that I'm home, I'm avoiding both driving and my computer.  So, I apologize dear readers, that I've been ignoring you.

In a nutshell:

We are pretty much done with school.  Juliettes has wrapped up.  Violet's other Cadette group has a field trip this week and their end of year potluck/badge ceremony.  I've spent the holiday weekend trying to clean the house.  Since computering hurts, I've been catching up on my pile of magazines.

The neck is getting better I think.  Our health insurance stinks, so if at all possible I'd like to avoid the doctor.  I just don't have the disposable income to dispose on a doctor who will tell me to rest it, ice it, do mild exercise and give me a prescription for drugs (which I probably can't afford) that will put me to sleep.  I'm doing the exercise, rest and ice on my own.  Right now, I'm sticking to that regime and not plopping down over $100 for an office visit.  He'll have to find another way to make his Mercedes payment this month.

(Not that I have anger issues or anything - which are probably contributing factors to the stabbing pain.)

Mr. Incredible has some different ideas for moving my computer changing my seating arrangement, we are hopeful that will help.

In the meantime, I just wanted to let you all know where I was (I'm here) and why I'm not posting (it is painful).  Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Ami said...

Well DAMN woman!! Rest up and feel better! Chronic pain isn't fun, wears ya down.

((hugs))

Mental

Fatcat said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Mel said...

Feel better soon! I have my own chronic aches and pains but have the same attitude towards doctors who will give me the same advice I already can get for free.